Summer Internship Program
What You'll Do
Our internship offers a 10-week, non-rotational program consisting of:
- Hands-on learning experience – you’ll be working on live projects which will directly impact our bottom line and customers
- A fun-filled, high-energy introduction to Customers Bank, one of the country’s fastest growing banks
- Extensive networking opportunities and interactions with senior leaders
- A dedicated support network, including peer-mentors
Who We're Looking For
- We’re looking for highly engaged individuals who enjoy a fast pace and collaborative work environment
- Individuals who are eager to learn and use critical thinking to solve problems and assist the bank with improving the services and support we provide our customers
- Detail oriented, organized, not afraid to ask questions
- Highly adaptable and resilient individuals who embrace overcoming challenges
What We Offer
- Interns will get a firsthand look at both the team member and customer experience by working on strategic projects that support our mission and growth.
- A world-class group of mentors and peers with years of experience at some of the largest financial services institutions
- A program that focuses on your development, so you gain the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to be a contributing member and a potential future leader of the organization
- Internal networking opportunities with leaders from across the organization
Internship program – testimonials – Keegan Latta
I had a great internship experience here at Customers Bank while I was in college working with the Boston C&I lending Team. I feel it gave me a hands-on introduction to the lending industry, which is something you really can’t get exposure to inside a classroom.
Intern, Wyommising, PA
Internship program – testimonials – jake agate
“I really enjoyed the company atmosphere and employees who are always willing to help out or offer advice. I also appreciated that even though I was an intern I was treated like a fulltime employee and contributed to projects that were implemented into the company.”
Intern, Summer 2022
Internship program – testimonials – ellen hempt
“My internship provided a unique opportunity for me to work with teams across the bank and assist them on a few key projects. It was an incredible experience that help lay the groundwork for a seamless transition into a permanent position at the bank.”
Intern, Wyommising, PA
Frequently asked questions
When are interns hired?
The interview process and hiring of interns for our 2023 program will begin in October 2022. Applications will be accepted until all internship roles are filled.
The 2023 Summer Internship will begin the week of Memorial Day, May 2023.
Where are the current internship locations?
We will be placing interns in a few of our major markets. The 2023 program includes West Reading (PA), Malvern (PA), New York City (NY), and Boston (MA). We recommend that individuals interested in a role with the bank apply as early as possible.
Do you hire Customers Bank interns after graduation?
Our internship program is designed to cultivate junior talent and prepare them for a potential role at the bank. Our goal is to have interns who demonstrate a passion for our values and mission to “WOW” the customer join our team. The potential to transition into a full-time role with the bank upon graduation is dependent on multiple factors.
How are interns placed on teams?
Interns are placed into roles and departments at the bank based on multiple factors including program of study, experience, professional goals, and department interest. If you have a specific department of interest or professional goal, let us know!