Applications for summer 2024 internship opportunities will open in fall 2023.
What You'll Do
Our internship offers a 10-week, non-rotational program providing:
- Hands-on learning experience – you’ll be working on live projects that directly impact our bottom line and customers
- High-energy and fun-filled introduction to Customers Bank, one of the country’s fastest growing banks
- Extensive networking opportunities and interactions with senior leaders
- Dedicated support network, including peer-mentors
Who We're Looking For
- Highly engaged individuals who enjoy a fast paced and collaborative work environment
- Individuals who are eager to learn and use critical thinking to solve problems and assist the bank with improving the services and support we provide our customers
- Detail-oriented, organized, individuals who are not afraid to ask questions
- Highly adaptable and resilient individuals who embrace overcoming challenges
What We Offer
- Interns will get a firsthand look at both the team member and customer experience by working on strategic projects that support our mission and growth
- The bank provides mentors and peers who possess years of experience at some of the largest financial services institutions
- The program focuses on your development, offering you the knowledge, skills and experiences needed to be a contributing member and a potential future leader of the organization
- Interns meet and interact with the company’s top leaders, establishing relationships that will launch careers
Internship program – testimonials – jake agate
“I really enjoyed the company atmosphere and employees who are always willing to help out or offer advice. I also appreciated that even though I was an intern I was treated like a fulltime employee and contributed to projects that were implemented into the company.”
Internship program – testimonials – Keegan Latta
“I had a great internship experience here at Customers Bank while I was in college working with the Boston C&I lending Team. I feel it gave me a hands-on introduction to the lending industry, which is something you really can’t get exposure to inside a classroom.”
AVP /Portfolio Manager
Internship program – testimonials – ellen hempt
“My internship provided a unique opportunity for me to work with teams across the bank and assist them on a few key projects. It was an incredible experience that help lay the groundwork for a seamless transition into a permanent position at the bank.”
AVP, Senior Project Manager
Frequently asked questions
How are interns placed on teams?
Interns are placed into roles and departments at the bank based on program of study, experience, professional goals, and department and developmental interest.
Do you hire Customers Bank interns after graduation?
Our internship program is designed to cultivate junior talent and prepare individuals for a potential role at the bank. Our goal is to have interns who demonstrate a passion for our values and mission. The potential to transition into a full-time role with the bank upon graduation is not guaranteed and dependent on multiple factors.
Where are the current internship locations?
Internship roles will be available in some of our major markets and key operations centers. The 2023-2024 program includes holding company HQ in West Reading (PA), Operations and Tech Center in Malvern (PA), Specialty Banking hub New York City (NY), and Commercial Finance subsidiary HQ in Portsmouth (NH). The 2024 program locations will be posted in early fall 2023.
When are interns hired?
The interview process for the 2024 program will begin in fall 2023. We encourage students to apply to their preferred role directly on our site. Applications will be accepted through fall 2023.