Get the money you need when you need it. A personal loan from Customers Bank can help.
A certificate of deposit (CD) is a type of savings account offered by Customers Bank and other banks and credit unions that guarantees a fixed interest rate for a fixed period. To maximize your investment returns, consider our high-yield certificate of deposit accounts.
We strive to offer rates based on various factors, including market conditions, the term of the CD, and the amount of the investment, which are both attractive and fair. We encourage you to experience the benefits of our 20-month, 24-month, 36-month, 48-month, or 60-month CDs.
Guide to High-Yield CD Accounts
A high-yield CD account pays a higher interest rate than a traditional savings account. It requires you to deposit a fixed amount of money for a specific period, usually six months to five years.
There are several benefits to using a high-yield Certificate of Deposit account:
- Higher interest rates: The most significant benefit is the higher interest rate, which will vary depending on your chosen bank or financial institution. Generally, the longer the term of the certificate of deposit, the higher the interest rate. This can help you earn more money on your savings over time.
- Guaranteed Returns: High-yield CD savings accounts are FDIC-insured, which means your money is protected up to $250,000 per account. This ensures that you will receive a fixed return on your investment.
- Fixed terms: High-yield certificate of deposit accounts have fixed terms, which means you know precisely when your investment will mature. This can help you plan your finances and budget accordingly.
- Low risk: High-yield accounts are considered low-risk investments because the FDIC insures them up to $250,000 per account. This means your money is protected even if the bank fails or goes bankrupt.
High-yield CD accounts may also come with a few drawbacks:
- Lower returns: Although the interest rates are higher than a regular savings account, the returns are still relatively low compared to other types of investments, such as stocks or mutual funds.
- Limited liquidity: High-yield certificate of deposit accounts are less liquid than other savings accounts. Once you deposit your money, you cannot access it until the maturity date without incurring penalties.
- Early withdrawal penalties: If you need to withdraw your money before the maturity date, you may be subject to early withdrawal penalties. These penalties can be significant and can eat into your earnings.
A high-yield Certificate of Deposit account is a terrific option when you want to grow your savings while avoiding risks associated with investing in the stock market.
Customers Bank is a super-community bank with over $20 billion in assets. We believe in dedicated personal service for the businesses, professionals, individuals, and families we work with. Contact one of our knowledgeable bankers, who will happily help you decide if this account will meet your needs.