Charitable Giving Policy
At Customers Bank, we are focused on improving the communities where we work and live. We achieve this by providing funding through contributions and sponsorships. Additionally, we encourage our team members to volunteer their time and talents to worthy, educational, community-focused causes.
What We Fund:
Customers Bank will provide charitable contributions to non-profit organizations that are tax exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, are located in areas in which there is a significant bank presence, and that are committed to improvement in one of three main categories: educational opportunities, children and youth, and community health and wellbeing.
In addition, Customers Bank offers a discretionary budget to support organizations in which a team member serves in a leadership role, specifically as a member of the board. Other donation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
What We Do Not Fund:
The following are examples of what Customers Bank will not fund. This is by no means an all-inclusive list and other exclusions may apply.
- Organizations that are not non-profit and are not tax exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability with respect to employment, volunteer participation, or the provision of services.
- Political, labor or fraternal organizations.
- Requests from religious organizations for sectarian purposes; however, a community program sponsored by a religious organization will be considered, such as a food pantry or homeless shelter.
- Customers Bank reserves the right to deny funding any application submitted.
How to Apply for Funding:
Applications for funding or sponsorships should be submitted in writing to: [email protected]. Written applications must include the following information:
- Name of requestor and his/her contact information.
- Brief description of the organization, including its legal name, history, activities, purpose and proof of registered 501(c)(3) non-profit status, mailing address and email address.
- Organization’s contact name, title, phone number and email address.
- History of previous support from Customers Bank, if applicable.
- Description of how the funding will be used.
- Measures that will be used to assess the success of the funded activity.
- Permission of the applicant to use the name of the organization, its logo, and photos from the event in the Bank’s marketing, internet website, and/or social media.
The deadline for applications is at least four weeks prior to either the date of an event or the due date of the contribution payment.
Incomplete or inaccurate applications will not be considered for funding.